May 2, 2020
Thank you for your very generous support of the Greensboro Association’s Community Relief Fund. Your GA Grants Committee has been working nonstop with community leaders to assess local needs and overall resource availability to determine where our assistance can be most impactful.
To date, five frontline local organizations have been awarded meaningful GA grants to help them address their critical needs:
- Hardwick Food Pantry (purchase of food to help meet increased need)
- Hardwick Rescue Squad (protective gear for first responders)
- Hardwick Area Health Center (protective gear for staff and outdoor treatment area setup)
- Greensboro Nursing Home (protective gear and purchase of food to help meet increased demand for Meals on Wheels)
- Craftsbury Community Care Center (protective gear and purchase of food to help meet increased demand for Meals on Wheels)
Going forward, your Greensboro Association committees will continue to work closely with local officials and the Greensboro/Stannard Emergency Response Team to assess the evolving needs of the community and make further grants to these and other important local organizations as long as Community Relief Funds are available.
If you have donated to this effort, I sincerely thank you on behalf of the Greensboro Association and the many local organizations being assisted.
If you are considering making a donation, now would be a great time to do so. We are happy to announce that a very thoughtful summer resident, Rhodes Boester, has teamed up with a wonderfully generous anonymous donor to sponsor a matching program for the Community Relief Fund. Quite simply – any gift received between now and July 31st will be matched, up to a total sum of $10,000! Your $50 donation becomes $100, or $100 donation becomes $200, simply by referencing Rhodes Boester’s name or the matching program.
Please see Rhodes’ message on our website [here] and support his effort to raise funds for the Greensboro community through our Community Relief Fund if you are able.
We hope you are safe and well and look forward to seeing everyone in the coming months!