Shake off the yucky weather blues on February 18 at this annual mid-winter shakedown at United Church of Christ in Greensboro! Potluck dinner begins at 6pm – the show starts at 7pm and this year we’ll feature a variety of performances, from piano to theater, poetry to bluegrass. Bring a friend, and call us if you’d like to perform! (533-2223). All proceeds will fund our summer campership program. Suggested donation is $8.
It was announced today that the Highland Lodge is closing its doors effectively immediately. The immediate cause according to the press release is “a bad economy combined with an innkeeping format which is no longer sustainable in today’s tourism climate.” The decision, which has been under consideration for some time, was made with great sadness by the Smith Family, who have run the inn for 57 years with 4 generations of family.
The hope is to find a buyer or buyers for the property who will preserve the character of the land and buildings and who will be both environmentally conscious and a good fit with the town of Greensboro. The Greensboro and Vermont Land Trusts and the Preservation Trust of Vermont are all being asked for their perspectives.
Further information regarding the future of the site will be announced at www.highlandlodge.com.
- Greensboro Police Contract Change Beginning July 1March 23, 2021 - 8:10 am
- Greensboro Free Library Events on Friday, March 5: Chili and a Show!March 4, 2021 - 8:31 am
- Greensboro Planning Commission Meeting | February 10February 5, 2021 - 4:30 pm
- First Quarter Community Relief Fund Update Emergency GrantsJanuary 15, 2021 - 8:37 am
- Informational Meetings regarding Town MeetingJanuary 13, 2021 - 12:51 pm
Karen Gowen Photography