The Mirror arts center has been proposed by the Greensboro Arts Alliance and Residency (GAAR) to be located on the southwest corner of Breezy Avenue and Hardwick Street. The year ‘round arts center would be for a variety of theatrical, arts and musical performances under the aegis of various local arts organizations. The GAAR has a contract with David Allen, the land owner, to purchase the land for the center.
All Posts Category
2015 marks the 70th season of Lake Concerts on Sundays on Caspian Lake. Lisa and John Hewett and their family have been in charge of these concerts for many decades – we all thank them for the tremendous effort and for such lovely evenings on the Lake.
For all who are new to the area who might want to experience this wonderful Greensboro tradition for the first time, here are some pointers.
- Concerts occur Sundays in July and August – 8pm start in July, and 7:30pm start in August.
- The program for the concert is usually found on the front door of Willey’s Store the prior week.
- The concerts occur at the Landon Lake House, which is located at 163 Pleasants Street on the south end of the lake.
- Concert goers are welcome by non-power boat via lake, or by car to sit on the iconic veranda of this large and wonderful cottage. If you come by boat, do bring a light to use on your way back to your dock.
- Everyone using the lake during the concerts is encouraged to be quiet during the concerts.
- UNIVERSAL QUARANTINE MANDATED BY STATE OF VERMONTNovember 11, 2020 - 9:22 am
- Virtual Public Meeting Video Available: Greensboro Watershed Water Quality Trends, Fish Biology Trends, & Opportunities for Increased Protection of Public WatersOctober 22, 2020 - 8:00 am
- High Speed Internet Connectivity in GreensboroSeptember 16, 2020 - 9:29 am
- The 2020 GA Annual Meeting will be held August 6 at 4pmAugust 2, 2020 - 5:09 pm
- Results: 2020 Caspian ChallengeJuly 28, 2020 - 7:33 pm
Karen Gowen Photography